National Girl Scout Week
March 7th, 2021 through March 13th, 2021
Girl Scout Week is celebrated each March, starting with Girl Scout Sunday and ending on Saturday, and it always includes Girl Scouts’ Birthday, March 12.
This is a great time to reflect on what it means to be a Girl Scout and all of the amazing things Girl Scouts do to make the world a better place.
How to Celebrate This year, we’re challenging Girl Scouts everywhere to commit to seven goals and accompanying activities—whether girls have time for them this week or want to take them on in the months to come. After all, being a Girl Scout isn’t just for special occasions!
Looking for more things to do:
Gratitude for essential workers
· Make videos or e-cards for medical professionals thanking them for their above-and-beyond care for patients.- every hospital in town
Connect with elders
· Contact local nursing homes and assisted living facilities to see if you can help their seniors feel less isolated. Ideas include holding senior interviews, writing senior’s biographies, holding a show-and-tell activity, leading games, setting up video calls, making cards, and more.
· Raking leaves, cutting grass for neighbors.
· Making phone calls to friends or neighbors who might be lonely.
Creating kinder communities
· Implement a “Positivity Campaign” to flood social media with positive and encouraging messages. – there’s a million of these places
Taking care of our earth
· Boost happiness with neighborhood art
· Park or roadside cleanup
Be a great family member
Service doesn’t have to be outside your home. What can YOU do to offer service to your family?